What I hate the most is a glowing skin. I don’t want my forehead to shine bright as a diamond. I recently bought the Max Factor X Creme Puff Pressed Powder in the colour 59 Gay Whisper to get a matt skin finish. The Creme Puff Pressed Powder is a versatile, all-in-one compact powder.
It’s very important to choose the right colour. Match the colour to your skin tone as you would match a foundation. I think 59 Gay Whisper is the right one for my yellow asian skin tone. I use the pressed powder above my concealer, eye primer and BB Cream but it can also be used as an all over foundation.
How to apply:
Apply in downward strokes after foundation, concealer and blusher, for a shine-proof finish.
Use a big face powder brush
Sweep the powder brush over the powder and tap the excess off on the back of your hand.
- Use a fixing spray above the pressed powder to make the matt finish last longer. I use my etos fixing spray.
I bought the pressed powder for 50% off. I paid €6,50 for it at an local Dutch drugtore. The normal retail price is €12,99. I think the price is good for the product. I use it on a daily base and I don’t have to retouch it later in the day. I have to admit that it’s a more expensive drugstore price but it’s Max Factor X. You can also wait when there are discounts on Max Factor X?
I would recommend you to buy this product if:
- You want a matt skin finish
- You don’t want to bring the powder with you all day to retouch it
- You want an all-in-one compact powder that does his job
I don’t recommend you to buy this product if:
- You like a glow skin finish
- You have a dry skin type
- You think that 12,99 is too expensive for a drugstore product